-
September 4th, 2001, 06:29 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I've looked at the minidisc and the uher 4400 report monitor, but what actually sounds better.
I cant afford a DAT or a Nagra (maybe one with a cable sync!) so Im torn between these two.
Obvisouly the minidisc is very small and portable, but my main concern is..will it stay in sync.
Does the Uher 4400 report monitor stay in sync, it looks very similar to a Nagra.
Any opinions?
Scott
------------------
-
September 4th, 2001, 07:43 PM
#12
Inactive Member
The digital CD recorders (like the minidisc) and video decks stay in sync, because they have to be extremely steady because of how they record.
Regular analog devices, like cassette or reel to reel recorders can float around a bit, and the listener won't notice (I'm referring to non-sync work) so they need to be crystal synced for film work.
They only problem with the minidisc is that it can't slave to an external sync for laydowns, but it seems we're all doing our edits in the computer, not always with Sync'ed cameras, and fiddling with time stretching & such, so it's not critical.
I'm not familiar with the other device you named.
Matt Pacini
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks